the song remains the same…

One foot up, the other foot up….eyes closed..the look on my face is one of looking like I just took a spoonful of apple cider vinegar and I wait for it….I am up a pound…. Uuuuuuuggggggggghhhhh

Sweet Dr. B comes out (normally she is who weights me, but one of the amazingly nice nurses did it this morning) we chat, she tells me it’s okay I am doing good and that this is the very reason people give up, it is not easy and frustrating as hell and to just keep going.  She tells me a great dog joke to make me laugh( I love this woman!) …but something does not feel right… I feel like she has some magic power (and truth be told I am a little superstitious) I ask if she will weigh me. I turn to get on the scale my hand brushes my pocket….MY KEYS, my giant set of keys are still in my pocket!

One foot up, the other foot up, I did not gain…..I am the same weight as last week.

Not what I wanted the number to be  but I’ll take it. I will hold my head up and walk proud….and take a few keys and do-dads off my keyring…geez louise!

Walking group tonight, one foot in front of the other and just keep going…

1. Shannon says:

You’re doing GREAT. Not gaining any of your weight back IS progress. I know how many times I’ve bounced up and down, up and down. Maintaining is a win. Plus I agree with what others have said — you ARE getting smaller, no matter what the scale says. Keep up the great work!

Thanks Shannon, I bought a new pair of jeans that were a smaller size so I have to take comfort in what I KNOW is happening to my body. That scale is a total mind game! ughhh 🙂

I have only two words for your right now, Lori: Tape & Measurer.

Have you gone down in clothes sizes?
    Are you starting to feel your clothes get baggy on you?
    Have you tightened your belt at all?
    Can you pick Tristan up more easily than before?
    Can you walk for a longer time without being short of breath?
    Can you tackle the stairs with more ease nowadays?
    How fast can you ride your bike?
    How many laps do you swim these days?

I would dare say: leave the scales for what they are worth.
    They will confirm what you know for yourself & what your clothes are telling you. Feel your victory in everything you do. Do not let your happiness be dictated by those scales. They are treacherous!

Oh, by the way, did you ask your doctor if the scales can measure fat and muscle mass? You’ll probably see an amazing difference there.
    It’s too bad you didn’t get that measured before you started out. I’m sure it would’ve knocked any doubts about your progression clear out of the sky.

Don’t trust the scales …. trust yourself!!
    You will make it!!!!

Thanks for this post. Yes, I think we are going to do some measurements so that I have a couple checkpoints for myself and it’s not just the number on the scale!

3. Jean says:

Lori, I live in Omaha – Too far away, but I wish I could hug you! You’re doing so great, and I know your body is healthier even if the scale is not cooperating. Weight is such a struggle. I’m reminded of a quote from Winston Churchill – “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” Hope that helps a tiny little bit!

I am a fellow dog nut. (I wrote you before about my Walter who is timid like Tristan. I also have one blind dog and one who came to me with problems 11 years ago but is fully recovered now.) Anyway, I will be donating for your cause, and I’m pulling for you with the stupid scale too! You’ll get there. ♥

Hi Jean!
      I’ll take a virtual internet hug! 🙂 Thank you so much for this post and all the encouragement! It really does keeps me motivated and focused to keep going! I LOVE that quote! I printed it out and put it up by my fridge!
      Thank you for loving Walter and all your sweet doggies….it takes an dog loving army to take care of these special babies!
      xo

4. Linda Troy says:

I’m so proud of you–and I bet that sometime in the next few weigh-ins, you will be surprised to lose several pounds at once. Plateau, and then progress. Plateau, and then progress. It’s a continuing cycle, but the overall trend is downward.

Stay strong and keep the faith!

Pastor Linda