Another one (okay, seven) bites the dust…

Woke up early, fought the rain, drove down crazy Columbia Parkway where life and death are separated by nothing more than a solid yellow line on the road. Got to Dr. B’s office she greets me every single time with optimism and a look of kindness that I am very grateful for! Coat off, scarf off, shoes off….okay socks off. And up on the scale….I close my eyes and NEVER, ever look. I am down 7lbs from the last “official” weigh in!

Clawing my way through the holiday cookies, pies, brownies, the chocolate orgy of offerings sent from a big name bank to our company as a holiday “thank you”, the lunch invites for burger madness, pizza, the cupcakes, the birthday cakes, wading through the holiday temptations with my mouth tightly shut has proven to be well worth it. Moving more, eating less and eating better, this is the “plan” so many people ask me about. I will keep going one step at a time, one choice at a time knowing now I can begin to see the faint light ahead of reaching the half way point.

1. jessy says:

holy moly! go lori! you are amazing!

2. Bay says:

**Happy dance in your honor!** I understand how hard this is, as you’re dealing with food addiction, not just weight. You should be SO PROUD of yourself!

Thank you for the rocking happy dance Bay! 😉 I am feeling pretty good right now! I hope things are well for you in Seattle!

3. Linda Troy says:

Oh yea–here comes another donation to celebrate with you!!

4. Linda Troy says:

Awesome!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!! SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! And I never “shout” in writing!!

Enjoy the experience of sweet success!!!

God bless you!!

PS–I used to drive Columbia Parkway during rush hour and know the craziness!

THANK YOU LINDA!! 🙂 Your post made me laugh out loud! Columbia Parkway during rush hour is just like playing one of those fancy hit tech video games….only you don’t get a second life pack to help you out if you make a mistake!

5. Debbie Rasnick says:

WooHoo!!! You go girl!! So proud of you!