March 1st=6 month mark….halfway there.

Did I reach 50 lbs lost in six months? No. Did I hang my head in shame when I went to get weighed in and lost 3 more pounds coming in at 43 lbs lost so far, just 7 away from reaching my goal? No.

In many ways that in itself is a bigger accomplishment than the number. I have not failed, I have done my best and that is enough. In these past 6 months my life is simply not the same as it was when I began this journey. I have learned so much, I have walked through the hard parts so far looking the demons head on and dismantling them one by one. I have hope and understanding and a new found love for myself that can only be attributed to one thing….that is the enormous love and support I have received in the past six months.

For every encouraging word, post on the blog ,Facebook, or e-mail message  from every single person far away and close by who takes the time to let me be part of their lives especially Shannon, Bay, Michele, Alexis, Moody, Jean and Walter! So so many friends that keep me close and watch over me even when I don’t realize it. Amy, John, Veronica, Lauren, Carolyn, Sarah, Big Al, Tony, Jessica, Deb, Matt, Sue Ellen, Mel, Bob,Kate, Susan, who are a fierce wall of support and at times when I just can’t stand on my own I have them to lean on,  they hold the space for me until I can take the next step forward. My Recycled Doggies family Shera, Shannon, Phyllis, Steph, Pam, Mary, Holly, Lisa,  Deb, Rach, Jessy, Lindsay, the amazing Dr. B and anyone else who is slipping my mind at the moment who have been so supportive. Without Recycled Doggies and their support of this project  and faith in me none of this would have happened, I am forever grateful.  Charmaine who held my hand to the pool and walked beside me as I laid the shame down. Then there is Scott, I don’t even know what to say or how I can ever really thank him enough for being the day in and day out sounding board to all my feelings, frustrations and for keeping my butt off the 4th floor when it’s toxic sugarland!  Of course my dogs Tully, Maggie and Tristan who never lets me forget why I am doing this in the first place. He is the light that leads the way in courage, faith and love.

I am looking forward to the next six months. There are more stories to write, more lessons to learn and more life to live.

We have made huge impact with the money raised so far over $3,000 has been raised to help Recycled Doggies do what they do so so well and that is give dogs that have no hope a voice and a happy ending!

Much Love,

Lori

Hey Lori,

I haven’t been on in a week or so because my internet provider screwed up (just a little), but I’m back on and happy to see you still going strong. Honestly, I think you’ve already achieved the most important goal: belief in yourself.
    It’s what will get you through this thing with your head held high.

The way you stood up to those teens a while ago, proves it beyond a doubt. There’s also your unrelenting determination to keep swimming and to even join the aquagym class, showing you are no longer afraid or ashamed to be seen in a bathing suit. Your ability to write it all “off”, good as well as bad. Your willingness to accept comments and compliments alike.
    You are healing.
    There are times when that process will be painful and memories of times long gone will try their best to tackle you and bring you down, but belief in yourself will get you through those times.
    Keep believing and keep loving. Yourself, the dogs, your friends, your family, ….

I believe in you.
    I believe you can finish your journey in beauty, whether or not you reach that magic 100lbs mark. It will be a victory over life, over your past, over your demons and over every sugary sweet treat that failed to lead you into temptation.

Keep it up!!!

Love,
    Moody.

Hi Moody,
      Ugh, I hate internet connection woes! Glad you are back up and running! Thank you, it is always good to remind myself that it really is about healing and also about how far I have come in just 6 months, thank you for reminding me! Thank you for ALL your support and encouraging words, it makes a difference and I thank you friend! xo

2. Des says:

you’re making admirable progress -don’t get hung up on the number, especially when you are so close. Plus, losing weight slowly gives you better odds of keeping it off long-term. Best wishes !

Thanks Des! You are right slow and steady wins this race! I really appreciate you reading and rooting me on! 😉

3. Mary Nauyoks says:

Lori, you are such an inspiration, add the word soul to that and it would make a great song don’t you think? I am so proud of you – you go girl! Hope to see you tomorrow at PetsMart.

Hey Mary, I think you should start working on a song for me,K? I wanna hear you belt it out! I hope you know how much I love being around you and what a good energy you have! Thank you for making me laugh- xoxo

4. Veronica says:

Proud doesn’t explain the feelings I have for you now. You are amazing in the way you have made all of us feel, get in touch, change our relationship with the world because of your words. Your impact is amazing. Your relationship with yourself is beautiful to watch change and gives so many people hope that they can do the same. Love you girl. The pounds count but not as much as the impact your honesty and love you share with eveyone (four and two legged).

So blessed to have your support and love along the way, without it I fail but with it I am able to not only see the possibilities but trust in myself to take the next step. I love you! xo

5. lynette says:

how are you loosing this weight???

Hi Lynette,

When I started I had three goals that I wanted to implement in my life….1.) Eat less 2.) Eat better 3.) Move more so with that in mind I have worked hard to change my relationship with food (emotional, binge eating I have done for years) I portion out my meals, I eat very little refined flour and sugar, and I eat out very little. I took a very big step to start swimming in public,we started the dog-lbs walking group and I have began to walk/run on my own. Small steps, small losses each week with some setbacks but each day I just do the best I can, blog about it all and move on. Thank you so much for posting and visiting. I hope you will take some time to read some past blogs it will give you a good idea of how the progression happened. Cheers! Lori