Warning: file(/home/content/96/8271496/html/wp-content/plugins/visitor-maps/spiders.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/96/8271496/html/wp-content/plugins/visitor-maps/visitor-maps.php on line 810

!!! FINALLY !!!

The hard work of the last two weeks has paid off, I am down another 4lbs and I have broken through the 50lb mark! Lord, I felt like a stalled car, whose engine just wouldn’t turn over! Lindsey kept telling me to just keep pushing through, that my body would adjust and figure it out.  As of this morning I have lost 52lbs and now weight 339lbs. I can’t tell you mentally the weight that has been lifted, how good it feels to be close to the “200’s” and further away from the “400’s” which is where I started, just when I was just lbs from weighing 400lbs. It is sinking in that I am gonna do this thing!  I have 48 lbs to go for the 100lb goal.

After I weighed in this morning, I picked up my Mom and we went shopping for an outfit for an event I will be attending this weekend. Most of you know I work for the Cincinnati Opera and we have our annual gala on Saturday. My Mom an I went shopping and we bought a fancy jacket and blouse to go under it and they were a size 24 which I bought it off the rack at Dillards! OFF THE RACK HOLY COW!!!  When I started in September I was wearing a size 32/34 in women’s plus size, which you can only order on-line unless you go to one of the few big girl stores in the area.

As I was standing in the dressing room, I got all choked up crying like a fool realizing that I am 3 sizes from wearing a size 18! I better ask for a raise, I am gonna shop till I drop when that day arrives! My sweet mom bought my outfit and then we went for a healthy lunch at Panara a perfect morning to celebrate coming so far.

This victory is certainly not my doing alone and as I reflect back 52lbs I share this with everyone in my world who has offered support in every way, all of it brought me to this point. So looking ahead I have a race to run, I have more pounds to shed, more stories and much more hope than I ever have had before. Please don’t go anywhere I am gonna need the kind words, support and encouragement more than ever, it means the world to me.

I am also going to ask you all to please consider a donation to help me, help Recycled Doggies save more  innocent dogs on death row that have no voice  like Tristan and Journey until Recycled Doggies stepped in and saved them.  Thank you!  xo Lori

Tristan and Journey

1. Linda Troy says:

Congratulations! Time for a $50 donation to RD!

2. janet says:

I owe you $25 bucks! Congrats!!!!

We need pics!!! I demand pics!!!
    Seriously!
    You are NOT celebrating the 50 lb mark AND the gala without sharing pics with us! I’ll consider it my birthday present. Can’t believe I’m turning 40!

Other than that: congrats on making it this far and I’ll see you along the rest of the journey. I will be stopping by to check on you as you proceed toward your goal. And with the support you’re getting, I have absolutely no doubt you’ll make it.

Keep up the good (hard) work!!!

LOL! I posted some pic for ya! I did a few so it was not just one good one, I posted like 4 or 5! 🙂 You better be checking in on me I need to you keep me in line! Thank you friend for the lovely donation to help the doggies, you are so generous with your donations, kindness and support! I am very thankful! xo

• Moody says:

I saw a few of them on Facebook already. I’ll have to go snooping around for the rest of them. Keep up the good work, both in getting your life back on tracks, and with the dogs. You are an inspiration to many!!!

4. Bob W. says:

Way to go Dude!! (I hope that brings a smile to your face). Seriously, Lori, congrats and big hugs. When it comes to getting healthier, any ‘0’ number is great as you pass through it, whether it is total or just the number. And now that the apprehension over this target is over, you may find the continued success occurring faster. Isn’t it great to see the light at the end of the tunnel getting brighter? From what you are describing, I can just picture that new little hitch in your giddyup. So keep up the fantastic work, difficult at times but oh so rewarding. Also, know that all of us, the furry ones and the not so furry ones are with you and beside you, mentally or physically as we have from the beginning and will be well into our gray-haired years. Love you. XOXOXOXOX

DUDE! 🙂 Thank you for this post Bob, brought a smile to my face! I will be thinking of you all as I cross the finish line no matter what state I am in! 😉 Love you so so much!

5. Aaren says:

Yay Lori!! Way to go! Can’t wait to see how gorgeous you look on Saturday!