Home

A Brief Introduction

Crossing over the finish line with Lora at my first ever 10K at the Flying Pig.

Crossing over the finish line with Lora at my first ever Flying Pig 10K race.

Welcome to the Dog – lbs project. On September 1st, 2011, I made a year long commitment to lose weight and raise money for shelter dogs sitting on death row with no voice and no hope, which was very much how I felt weighing almost 400lbs when I started this project. One year later, 92lbs lighter, hundreds of stories written of struggle and triumph, a new found love for running, and now over $10,000 raised by folks donating to the amazing dog rescue Recycled Doggies as I continue on this journey. There has been an amazing outpouring of support from the community, friends, family and complete strangers who walk the road with me, giving me the strength and encouragement to keep moving forward. In October of 2014 after becoming ill, I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and also found out I would need total knee replacement at age 44. I have decided to keep going, keep pushing myself to lose more weight before they replace my knee in fall 2016, and also continue to raise more money and awareness for shelter dogs on this journey that all started when I agreed to foster one severely abused dog named Tristan. Please take some time to read  my blog, read about Tristan and about the amazing work Recycled Doggies does for those innocent dogs that need them the most, I promise you will be as inspired as I have been by all the amazing work they do.

Current blog post: 1.19.17 Mr. Neil Liam Kneeson Noonie, welcome to the family!

*********   VIDEO  *******    ONE YEAR LATER … SEPTEMBER 1st 2012 One year later…the journey is the destination.

Over 500lbs at my HS graduation with one of my best friends D’Anna. My battle with weight has been a lifelong struggle.

Jeans I wore 72lbs ago…

Once abused, tortured and forgotten, Tristan will now only know a life of love and kindness.

tristanlori

“We have more possibilities available in each moment than we realize.”
― Thich Nhat Hanh

Please Donate for Doggies!

Parent page: Home

1. Sharon says:

Hi Tristan So inspired by what you are doing, that I donated as well, my dog came from a kill shelter he was 2 and half months old when we got him, and broke my heart going into that shelter only being able to pick out one, but I advocate for Pet Pardons daily, and what you are doing is so awesome.

Hi Sharon!

Thank you so much for the donation and the support! Adopting from rescue and kill shelters is so important and makes such a difference for those dogs that have no hope. Thank you for all the work you do to save the sweet doggies! <3 Lori

2. Another donation in recognition of your pounds lost is on its way.
    Lillian

Mwah! Kisses from Tristan, the schnauzers and me for always supporting me every weigh in….can’t tell you how special you are both in word and deed!

3. anthony carter says:

Lori,
    You are a remarkable lady. I wish you the best. Hopefully, I’ll see u soon at one of the culture clubs. If I can help in any way let me know. Let me know if you need anything.

Hi Tony!!!

What a sweet surprise to see your note! Thank you so much for reading this and for your support! I really appreciate it! I hope to see you very soon at the Playhouse! 🙂

Hey Lori,

How are you doing?
    Hope all is well.
    Just stopped by to use that big fat yellow button on the bottom of your page ;o)

As promised: 10€ for each kilo I lose.
    Scales confirmed so the money is on the way.

Big hug,
    Moody.

Hi Moody!

Wowzers! Got your notification of the donation. You rock! Thank you so much for sharing this journey! Tristan says to send his thanks as well! 🙂 You are doing great, I am so proud of you! I hope your upcoming week is a good one!

5. Connie says:

I love what you are doing! Looking forward to reading your story and watching you succeed.